[Dragaera] spam

Jose Marquez jhereg69 at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 5 15:38:17 PST 2007

-----Original Message-----

It isn't spam. Well, okay, it kind of is. But I recognize Johne's name; he's posted on Dragaera (and on topic) far more than I have. I suspect that Nextcat is doing something similar to other social|professional networking sites: they provide an API hook into your e-mail, wherein if you authenticate against your Gmail (in this particular case), the site can access your address book and send invitations to people on it. I've seen this on various sites (Shelfari, Facebook, &c.).

Jose

--
Jose Marquez
jhereg69 at earthlink.net