[Dragaera] spam

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 18:08:00 PST 2007

On Nov 5, 2007 4:01 PM, Johne Cook <johne.cook at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, everyone,
> I joined Nextcat, a social networking outfit geared toward the broader
> entertainment industry, and clicked one button too many as I cruised through
> the sign-up process.  I had no idea it would SPAM EVERYONE IN MY ADDRESS
> BOOK.

I'm just glad it wasn't a virus. There are viruses which can also send
personalized spam messages to everybody in your address book, usually
sending them to a malevolent web site that will infect a certain
percentage of computers (with the right vulnerabilities) and turn them
into zombie bots.

-Max

--
Be pretty if you are,