[Dragaera] Messianic figures

John Dallman jgd at cix.co.uk
Sun Dec 2 11:34:00 PST 2007

In article <475303CD.6060703 at gaeacoop.org>, dalton_0907 at gaeacoop.org
(Elizabeth Dalton) wrote:

> I might quibble that Zerika's stand-off with the Lords of Judgment
> was critical as well, but it's a mere quibble.

It is possible to read that as them already having made up their minds,
but having the argument anyway for the sake of form. That was the
impression I got on my second reading. This may be way outside the
author's intent, of course.

> What about Zerika I? I'm thinking here of the creation of the Orb and
> Empire, which essentially changed the system everyone in the Empire
> lives under. Sort of a "new Covenant" equivalent. I think it's a
> stretch, not a very strong comparison, but I just thought I'd mention
> it.

We don't really know enough about it to tell if it fits, do we? By which
I mean we haven't had a version of the conversations and actions; we just
know what the result was.

--
John Dallman, jgd at cix.co.uk, HTML mail is treated as probable spam.