[Dragaera] Verra and the Paths of the Dead

Steve Rapaport steve at romlin.com
Thu Dec 6 04:32:58 PST 2007

On 06/12/2007, Alain Feeny <feeny at sympatico.ca> wrote:

> On 5-Dec-07, at 7:17 PM, Louis Eastman wrote:
>
> > Spoilers!
> > .
> > .
> > .
> > .
> > .
> > .
> > .
> > .
> > .
> > .
> > .
> > .
> > .
> > .
> > .
> > .
> > .
> > It could've just been Vlad's blood, right? Since Vlad is allowed to
> > leave,
> > it'd make sense that Vlad's blood could have a similar effect on
> > Morrolan as
> > it does for Vlad, as well as the blood of a goddess would do for a
> > Dragaeran.
>
> We are omitting a rather important point I believe, and that is the
> whole original explanation of why Vlad was allowed to leave in the
> first place.  He is an Easterner, and therefore never intented to be
> part of the whole Paths of the Dead/reincarnation gig. Yes souls of
> Dragearans/Easterners may be the same, but there is obviously a
> physical component to the Paths, given the whole Blood notion.
> Whatever binds Morrolan to the Paths before he receives the vial of
> blood might be entirely based on some physical property of his
> Dragaran nature, a property absent in Easterners.
>
> _

That point may have been used by Sethra and Verra as an excuse, though.
There's some evidence it's bullshit.

If Vlad's not part of the whole reincarnation gig, how come he's formerly
Dolivar, who was absolutely a Dragaeran?  Verra and Sethra are both well
aware of Vlad's former lives.   I think the "Easterner" excuse may be just
so the gods can save face in letting him go (which they want to).

\Steve