[Dragaera] Verra and the Paths of the Dead

Alain Feeny feeny at sympatico.ca
Thu Dec 6 04:27:30 PST 2007

On 5-Dec-07, at 7:17 PM, Louis Eastman wrote:

> Spoilers!
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> It could've just been Vlad's blood, right? Since Vlad is allowed to
> leave,
> it'd make sense that Vlad's blood could have a similar effect on
> Morrolan as
> it does for Vlad, as well as the blood of a goddess would do for a
> Dragaeran.

We are omitting a rather important point I believe, and that is the
whole original explanation of why Vlad was allowed to leave in the
first place.  He is an Easterner, and therefore never intented to be
part of the whole Paths of the Dead/reincarnation gig. Yes souls of
Dragearans/Easterners may be the same, but there is obviously a
physical component to the Paths, given the whole Blood notion.
Whatever binds Morrolan to the Paths before he receives the vial of
blood might be entirely based on some physical property of his
Dragaran nature, a property absent in Easterners.