[Dragaera] Dragaera shopping

Jon Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Tue Dec 11 16:42:40 PST 2007

From: "A.S. Zanoni" <chica at dreamcafe.com>

> >    2. Cycle Images now available at Adrilankha Gift Shop
> >       (Elizabeth Dalton)
> >

> More that I think would be cool:
>
> "Clever, Boss.  Do you think if I had opposable thumbs I could come up
> with plans like that?" *
>
> <Sethra and Khaavren's exchange about "Don't say 'old'.">  Might have to
> be a poster, prob'ly too long for a shirt.
>
> Something by Tazendra.  Because she rocks.  All four of the Phoenix Guards
> rock.

I was thinking each of the big four characters from the Khaavren Romances would be worthy of their own gear.

> "Have you seen this man?" with an Imperial Wanted Poster of Mario.
> Perhaps a silhouette image and a list of alleged crimes.

Hmmm... Tough, given the conflicting accounts we've seen of Mario's appearance.

> For that matter, a Wanted Poster for Vlad.  That'd be a fun one to write
> the description for.  I bet the Jhereg interoffice memos about Vlad are
> pretty fun reading.  :D

Oooo... This idea I like.

> "I'm generalizing from one example, here, but everyone generalizes from
> one example. At least, I do."

Or just "Everyone generalizes from one example. At least, I do." A little snappier.

> Anyone want to post most favorite five Brust quotes?  It'd be a shame to
> leave out the non-Dragaeran books, so don't.  I'm curious to see what all
> people liked best.

How about the first sentence from the first chapter of TRiH? I've always loved that lovely simile of the over-written sentence.

> A.S. Zanoni

Yay! Chica is still posting to the list! (You make it to your new digs okay?)