[Dragaera] Nits & picks [not the tool]

David Rodemaker dar at horusinc.com
Thu Dec 20 18:32:33 PST 2007

> > The best single malt on earth, as proven by years of dedicated testing
> > by a small of friends. Not sweet, like 25 year old Macallan, nor
> > medicinal like Laphroig. The 16 year old is well worth the price of
> > admission (and unlike Spears junior, is legal!)
>
> Mmmmm... Lagavulin!
>
> Time to hit BevMo!

I love Lagavulin. But the price in Oregon went from about $50 a bottle to
about $80 a bottle in the last three years, so I hardly ever have the funds
to get the stuff anymore.

As such, I usually stick with the Craggenmore, or Talisker.

I should learn to drink Palinka, like Vlad. That's usually much more
economical.

---

I happen to be Laphroig fan myself - and I respect my single malts enough
that I savor them (wine I drink like soda, and I need to respect my liver
more than I did in my youth as 40 approaches). A new liquor store just
opened up nearby that is clearly marketing to the wine drinkers - but there
is an entire 20 linear feet of shelf space devoted to single-malts.

My partner and I have just started to work our way through them (and it's
going to be awhile till we work up to the bottles in the $100-$250 range).
I'm enjoying a Bowmore that's incredibly smoky, and a nice change.

And at ~$30 it's a sight cheaper than the Laphroig.

D.