[Dragaera] SteelDragon, Cats Laughing &c

A.S. Zanoni chica at dreamcafe.com
Sat Dec 22 13:46:04 PST 2007

> Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 06:39:11 -0500
> From: Casey Rousseau <casey at the-bat.net>
> Subject: Re: [Dragaera] question about Adrilankha Gift Shop
>
> Mark A. Mandel wrote:
>> Second, when checking it I found that the Steel Dragon shop...
 has three links in its left-hand pane [1]:

>> ?     Music
>> ?     War for the Oaks
>> ?     this shop closed over trademark dispute
>>
> Will blogged about this a couple weeks ago.  From what he says, I'm not
> so sure that they have a whole lot of control over that link.
> http://shetterly.wordpress.com/2007/12/08/trademark-trumps-free-speech/
>
> There should be no question that SteelDragon Press continues to publish
> the Cats Laughing and Flash Girls CDs and mugs.  The trademark dispute
> was most definitely strictly over Will's "Graduate from the Electoral
> College" merchandise which Electoral College Sports & Accessories
> speciously claimed violated their dubious trademark.
>
> Casey
>
> ------------------------------

I'm glad you knew this, Casey, and could tell the list.  Thanks!

Especially since I find it unlikely that Will or Emma would have seen this
message.  Doubt they're on this list, Mark.

Emma has a family emergency right now, per her LiveJournal [coffeeem] and
I believe that Will is at home, minding the ranch.

FYI:  SteelDragon Press, way way back before Cafepress, published the
first edition of _To Reign in Hell_.  Since list relevancy was brought up
earlier.  ;]

*---

--
A.S. Zanoni