[Dragaera] Kragar - SPOILERS

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Wed Jan 2 15:57:46 PST 2008

On Wed, 2 Jan 2008, Jot Powers wrote:

> SPOILER SPACE

[several good points snipped]

> Unless all of you are making a point that is too subtle for me to pick
> up.  She may just dislike him due to the "Dragon issue", but it likely
> is not due to something she experienced personally in that regard.

Note that Morrolan also dislikes Kragar ("Forgive me if I don't bow",
I think is how he reacts).  He had presumably done a bit of research,
but I now wonder if Kragar could have appeared in the Pirodessey doing
something M. disapproved of - of course "not appeared" works too.

> My guess?  She doesn't approve of Mario being a Jhereg assassin.  She'd
> like him to stop that and be respectable and she sees Kragar as being
> the conduit that allows that to continue.

I like this, but:

It seems a bit too late for A to get picky at this point, having aided
and abetted a capital crime.  I'm going to guess that Mario is as
committed to a code as Vlad (esp. now) is, and is more of a vigilante
than a violent economic criminal, and only technically a Jhereg.
Kragar, in contrast, is simply a violent economic criminal.