[Dragaera] Attribution on swag items... things to consider

Opher Lubzens flash119is at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 4 22:21:33 PST 2008

How about marking quotes with <character name>,<book>
by Steven Brust and having a small(say 12 p?) (c) sign
at the lowest right-hand corner?For ex. I've got a
forum signature that goes "They do not exist, thus
they are all that matters" ---Titania,"The Books of
Magic" by Neil Gaiman

It would still make people who aren't fans and go
"cool" at the quotes buy the books, and would make the
trademark thing less obstrusive while still obvious.
--- dragaera-request at lists.dragaera.info wrote:

> On the other hand, let's suppose someone isn't
> currently a Brust fan,
> and sees a really cool quote on a shirt or button.
> Wouldn't it be nice
> for them to know where to get more of the same?
> Steve doesn't get a ton
> of money from these items, due to the nature of
> print-on-demand swag. A
> lot of the benefit to him is likely the power they
> have to help spread
> the word about his books.

Opher Lubzens

"I beat Sauron!" shouts Frodo. "I shouldn't have to fight a giant monkey!"
for more madness, enter Hitherby Dragons: http://rebecca.hitherby.com