[Dragaera] LOLDragaera

David Dyer-Bennet dd-b at dd-b.net
Tue Jan 8 12:11:15 PST 2008

Steve Hubbell wrote:

> Why would someone want to wear something that looks like it was written by a grade school child or possibly by an immigrant still learning the English language?

It doesn't look anything like that.  Not all non-standard usage is "the
same", nor do people get the same impressions from it.  There is a huge
difference between real mistakes, and this sort of creative language abuse.

> It is one thing to attribute poor language skills to a cat in a cartoon or comic strip, but why would someone want to promote a professional writer in such a manner?

Your basic premise is faulty, so your conclusion makes no sense either.

The lolcat meme is not, in fact, of interest to people of low language
skills; it's primarily of interest to people with very *high* verbal and
written language abilities. At least, that's where my pointers to the
good parts have all come from.

--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info