[Dragaera] Gift Shop

David Dyer-Bennet dd-b at dd-b.net
Tue Jan 8 21:24:51 PST 2008

Davdi Silverrock wrote:
> Submitted for your consideration:
>
> It so chanced to transpire that my beloved and honourable parents
> holidayed in Dragaera City at that cusp of History when the conflict
> between Lord Adron e'Kieron and the Emperor Tortaalik resulted in said
> city and its environs being dissolved and transformed into the Lesser
> Sea of Chaos, and while my parents were indeed enormously fortunate in
> being able to escape the Disaster with their lives, all that they were
> able to procure for me as a memento of their visit to the doomed city
> was this very shirt which you see before you; of cheap, lightweight
> fabric, and truncated sleeves.
>   --  A certain Gentleman of the House of the Hawk.
>
> (Milord Dr. Whom -- would you be so kind as to proofread the above
> paragraph, or we might say, sentence?  I am not entirely certain that
> the grammar is in point of fact entirely proper.)

I think that's a brilliant idea, and a good start on writing it.  I
*strongly* encourage the proprietor of the store (i.e. I can't find a
recent message with your actual *name* on it) to do something like
that.   Most people will recognize the greatly-expanded form of the
classic "lousy t-shirt" quote even if they don't understand the
references, and it will be a conversation-starter.

--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info