[Dragaera] Gift Shop

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 11:50:14 PST 2008

On Jan 9, 2008 8:23 AM, Scott Schultz wrote:

> The use of "climax" as a verb has never felt comfortable to me aside
> from it's obvious sexual implications.

It's not the word's fault that you (and other people, to be sure) have
dirty minds.  The non-sexual meanings precede the sexual ones by many
centuries.

However, in looking at synonyms, I am pondering the more ominous and
final "terminated" as a replacement.

> I also nearly think that, while Paarfi is
> loquacious, that he is still, on his terms, efficient. He goes on at length
> about a particular subject because he has something to say about it. He
> doesn't pad out his writing with unneccesary (by his lights) verbiage simply
> to pad it out.

I nearly think we have not been reading the same Paarfi of Roundwood...