[Dragaera] Giddy T-shirt par-ergon

Scott Schultz scott at cjhunter.com
Fri Jan 11 11:13:19 PST 2008

If you drop the parental relationship, you've pretty much lost the joke at
that point. Kinda like the one about the poor guy who always wanted to eat
crepe suzettes because he'd heard that rich people ate them. Every time his
wife complained about an ingredient being unavailable or too expensive, he
told her "make it without". When it was finally served to him, he took a
bite, spit it out and said "For the life of me, I can't understand why rich
people eat crepe suzettes".

Without "my father/mother/parents/grandparents", travel to an
exotic/exciting/fun locale, and disappointment over receiving a cheap,
thoughtless souvenier you don't the joke any more. If you have to think
about it too hard, it isn't funny any more. ;-)

Personally, I'd be equally as happy with something simple like "My parents
made the pilgrimage to Deathsgate Falls and all I got was this lousy tunic".
*heh*