[Dragaera] Illumination suggestion for Paarfi-speak tshirt

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 17:03:36 PST 2008

On Jan 11, 2008 6:04 PM, Elizabeth Dalton wrote:
> I found a medieval Hungarian illuminated manuscript online that I'd like
> to consider using as the basis for the Paarfi t-shirt.
>

> What do the rest of you think?

If I may venture to express an opinion about design, it seems to me
that the "M" in that manuscript quite overwhelms the text itself.

Unless you already intended to have it smaller, and was merely asking
about its appearance, in which case I apologize.  It looks nice, but
the margins are perhaps a bit large.  Unless you meant to fiddle with
those as well.

> (This project takes me back to the days of my first t-shirt company, 18
> years ago, when we sold shirts at SCA events saying "My pilgrims weynt
> to Caunterbury and alle thei brought me was this saellie scirte." In
> those days, we silk-screened in dark brown and I'd hand color the
> illuminated ornaments... I still have one of those shirts. Or scirtes,
> as the case may be. ;)

Heh.

I've also been pondering a couple more ideas:

"My friends went to Valabar's and all they got me was this utterly
inedible T-shirt.  The BASTARDS."

"My friends went to Valabar's, and they brought back this T-shirt --
and lots of /leftovers/.  Gods bless them, they are the *best* friends
in the whole wide world. "

And another LOLjhereg idea:

"I CAN HAS VALABAR'S?"