[Dragaera] Illumination suggestion for Paarfi-speak tshirt

Elizabeth Dalton dalton_0907 at gaeacoop.org
Fri Jan 11 18:04:15 PST 2008

I found a medieval Hungarian illuminated manuscript online that I'd like
to consider using as the basis for the Paarfi t-shirt.

http://gallery.euroweb.hu/html/zgothic/miniatur/1451-500/4hungari/index.html

Click the "Festetich Codex." I can use the capital M (assuming the final
text ends up starting with "My," as seems likely) and a font similar to
the original in dark brown, and keep the side ornaments, too. I'd
probably retain the red sketch lines, but not the page numbers (either
the original or the stamped catalog number). I'm thinking of keeping the
parchment edges and background, though I'd change the aspect ratio a
bit, to frame the text. That way, the same image could be printed on
dark or light items.

What do the rest of you think?

(This project takes me back to the days of my first t-shirt company, 18
years ago, when we sold shirts at SCA events saying "My pilgrims weynt
to Caunterbury and alle thei brought me was this saellie scirte." In
those days, we silk-screened in dark brown and I'd hand color the
illuminated ornaments... I still have one of those shirts. Or scirtes,
as the case may be. ;)

--
Elizabeth Dalton
Support Steven Brust!