[Dragaera] Giddy T-shirt par-ergon

Jose Marquez jhereg69 at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 13 00:27:13 PST 2008

Davdi Silverrock wrote:
> On Jan 12, 2008 10:22 PM, Elizabeth Dalton wrote:
>

>> "Cruciform?" I guess... it seems such a "fancy" word when you're trying
>> to emphasize the plainness of the garment. I was just going to leave out
>> "short-sleeved" on the long-sleeved version, or possibly not do a
>> long-sleeved version. I mean, if you're going to worry about that, do I
>> make sure not to print on sweatshirts? What about the more heavyweight
>> of the short-sleeved t-shirts?
>>

> Well, there is some justice to what you say.
>
> I have some phrasing tweaks in mind already so as to disambiguify some
> of the clauses.  I will sleep on the problem of the final wording, and
> see what comments, if any, there are in the morning.

My two words (er, coppers, I mean, er, cents!) on the subject: change
the final, possibly redundant "this" to "a" for a result of "this very
garment [...] a buttonless, collarless shirt."

>> BTW, I was asked how I plan to attribute this "monstrosity" in the shop,
>> and what I'm thinking of doing is saying something like this:
>>
>> "Paarfi Souvenir Shirt"
>> <final text>
>> "Suggested by Davdi Silverrock in collaboration with the Dragaera e-mail
>> list"
>> ...with links to wherever Sir Silverrock likes and the Dragaera e-mail
>> list page, respectively. Sound ok?
>>

> We ask nothing better...  Although a perhaps more apropos word than
> "suggested" is "perpetrated".  Heh.

I might have LOLed myself out on the various iterations of this design,
but perpetrated? That there is pretty funny...

Jose

--
Jose Marquez             | There are 10 types of people in
jhereg69 at earthlink.net   | the world: those who understand