[Dragaera] Giddy T-shirt par-ergon

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 18:36:58 PST 2008

[Grrrr. Reply settings. Sorry for the double post, Davdi.]

On Jan 13, 2008 10:00 AM, Davdi Silverrock <davdisil at gmail.com> wrote:

> Revision Mk 15:
>
> My esteemed mother and father, in search of diversion from their
> diminishing duties and mounting cares, traveled to Dragaera City and
> sojourned there at no small expense (enjoying tolerably fine meals and
> wines), just at that crucial point in our history when, in addition to
> unrest and uprisings in the city, the conflict between the Dragon Heir
> Lord Adron e'Kieron and the Phoenix Emperor Tortaalik erupted into
> open rebellion, culminating in the explosion of raw amorphia that
> transformed the city and its environs into the Lesser Sea of Chaos;
> and while I am indeed glad that my parents had the good fortune to
> escape the Disaster with their lives, all that they did me the honor
> to provide as a token of their adventure was this very garment that
> you see before you, and which, you perceive, is merely a tube of
> common fabric; a shapeless, buttonless, collarless shirt.
>  --  Two words from a certain Gentleman of the House of the Hawk.

I still prefer the previous, "this very plain and simple garment that you
now behold, and which, you will perceive, is merely a shirt with truncated
sleeves made from sadly cheap and lightweight fabric." That description just
SCREAMS "T-shirt" to me, with a nice hint of stoic irony. (I particularly
like the "sadly.")

However, another ending wouldn't stop me from buying the shirt. The artist
may do as he sees fit.

-Max

--
"The presentation or 'gift' of the Holy Ghost simply confers upon a man the
right to receive at any time, when he is worthy of it and desires it, the

Be pretty if you are,
Be witty if you can,
But be cheerful if it kills you.