[Dragaera] Striving towards Paarfiction...

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 16:38:08 PST 2008

On Jan 14, 2008 11:42 AM, Davdi Silverrock <davdisil at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been trying to think of a way to describe the design of a
> T-shirt without calling it that.  The problem is, I can think of
> counter-examples that might also fit -- a "buttonless" garment might
> still have lacings; as it stands now, the description might also refer
> to a toga, or a blouse, for example.

A picture is worth a thousand words--ambiguity is not going to be a
problem given that the shirt is right there. You could merely say
"garment" and the viewer would pick up on the joke. Are you trying to
describe the shirt without self-reference, as if it were a quote in
the book which had been later, ironically, printed on a shirt?

-Max

--
"The presentation or 'gift' of the Holy Ghost simply confers upon a
man the right to receive at any time, when he is worthy of it and

Be pretty if you are,
Be witty if you can,
But be cheerful if it kills you.