[Dragaera] A Paarfict Storm

Erzsébet of Catspirit Wood dalton_0907 at gaeacoop.org
Sat Jan 19 17:51:28 PST 2008

The phrase "said parents" seems too distant for my liking. I think "my
beloved parents" or possibly "my noble parents" would be more
Paarfi-esque. (But I love the bit about the luggage.)

For the ending, I propose: "of sadly cheap fabric: a common shirt." I
think the word "common," associated as it is with "commoners," i.e.
those not of noble standing, carries the equivalent weight of "lousy" in
contemporary culture, but "in the form of this" detracts from the
"punch" of the conclusion. You could replace "made" with "constructed"
if you still want a little more fanciness in the final line.

Only my own two words, of course.

--
ErzsŽbet of Catspirit Wood
Support Steven Brust!