[Dragaera] Sethra Lavode's Words on War

Doug Croteau dcroteau at metrocast.net
Sun Feb 10 20:40:51 PST 2008

It is a defense mechanism drilled into the people who repeat the mantra
to remove the burden of guilt from those who would lead attacks. Every
nation makes it "the other guys fault". I cant think of any point where
the invading force told their nation/soldiers "we are wrong but we are
doing this anyway."

Of course your generals are going to be intelligent, so unless they have
some seriously twisted ways of thinking, they will be burdened with the
truth of their own actions. Can you imagine if Bush had stood up and
said "We have very questionable intelligence which is probably not true,
but we will invade anyway" before Iraq? They were telling the soldiers
on the ground they had satellite photos of the WMD's being shipped to
Syria. Is that true? I really doubt it, but are you going to lay out
anything but perfect invasion logic to your troops?

This seems like the same to me.