[Dragaera] No traffic since February?

Margaret Young myoung at albion.edu
Wed Mar 12 08:42:01 PDT 2008

I had a similar question — where has everyone gone?

Question to throw out to others.

There is a theory that we interact with television by dealing with a
sujet [sic] which is the present overt story while creating and holding
in mind a fabula — the backstory, context, created history. The fabula
is not given to us, rather we create by grasping clues from various
sujets.

In relationship to Brust/Vlad/Dragaera

One of the fascinating things to me is the way in which each time I
read a new book I end up having to reread the entire series in order to
integrate the new information into the fabula that I (and others) have
been creating.

This is notoriously considered to make it hard for new people to come
to a television show with a rich and non-obvious fabula  (that is why
networks don't like arcs) and yet it is one of the things which I always
thought attracted people to intelligent world creations.

Am I projecting my delight in the process onto others, do lists such as
this represent a minority about Brustian fans or are the fans of writers
such as Brust different (in the terms of the original theory more
willing to work hard in their relationships to the text?)

Margaret

>>> "Scott Schultz" <scott at cjhunter.com> 3/12/2008 11:24:03 AM >>>
I haven't seen any email from the list since early February. Has there

really been no traffic at all or do I need to look into my local email

situation here to find out what's fiiltering the list messages?