[Dragaera] No traffic since February?

Michele Riccio mr1 at rcosta.com
Wed Mar 12 14:35:39 PDT 2008

On 12 Mar 2008 at 11:42, Margaret Young wrote
<SNIP>
> This is notoriously considered to make it hard for new people to come
> to a television show with a rich and non-obvious fabula  (that is why
> networks don't like arcs) and yet it is one of the things which I
> always thought attracted people to intelligent world creations.
>
> Am I projecting my delight in the process onto others, do lists such
> as this represent a minority about Brustian fans or are the fans of
> writers such as Brust different (in the terms of the original theory
> more willing to work hard in their relationships to the text?)
>
> Margaret

I hadn't thought of it as "work".  I like series (both book and TV) where
things are left to the imagination.  I like piecing together hints and then
being totally blindsided (which Joss Whedon would do with alarming
consistency in Buffy - he never got a chance with Firefly).

I mean, if all the cards are on the table - then what's left for me to think
about?

MR
Michele Riccio
mr1 at rcosta.com