[Dragaera] Ten New Questions after Dzur. [Dzur Spoilers]

Ken Koester kkoester at email.ers.usda.gov
Tue Mar 18 04:54:45 PDT 2008

Jon Lincicum wrote:

>Vlad's recent outing in /Dzur/ put some issues to rest. However, it also
>raised dozens more.
>
>Here are ten new Vlad questions I have after reading /Dzur/:
>
>1. Will Vlad's newfound knowledge of his son cause him to change his
>wandering ways?

Clearly.  But perhaps, not by very much.  Living in the city would be
pretty uncomfortable for Vlad, GW or no GW, & Cawti is not going to pack
up her son and go walkabout with Vlad.  What is more reasonable would be
that it causes Vlad to think seriously of ways of getting the Jhereg off
his back, so that he doesn't have to wander any more.

>2. How will Cawti react if Vlad wants to stay and help raise their son?

She won't like it, at this point.

>3. How will Vlad handle his predestined "test of wills" with Lady Teldra
>(aka Godslayer)?

Dunno, since I have no idea how that test will work--unless we've
already seen it starting with the death of the sorceress.  Vlad didn't
choose to do that, after all; it just happened.

>4. Will Vlad's aid to The Demon lead to an eventual truce with the Right
>Hand of the Jhereg?

Not of itself.  Vlad broke major rule #1; in order to call the whole
thing off, he will have to do something for the Jhereg of equal value to
offset the harm he did & probably agree to stay out of the "business"
affairs of the house so long as it does the same for him.  Can't think
off hand of what he might do, but that's why I'm not the one writing
these stories, right? (-;

>5. Will Vlad's actions against the Left Hand lead to all out war?

Only if he hangs around & they find him again.  He does have one subtle
bargaining chip:  whats-her-name's soul is still in Lady Teldra.  He
could offer to restore it, if they work out a way to get a body.  It's
not like it hasn't been done before, after all (-;

>6. What was Verra doing with Vlad's blood?

Dunno.  ask Verra if you see her, and let us know (-:

>7. Will Morrolan ever talk to Vlad again?

Why shouldn't he?

>8. Does Sethra have plans for Vlad? And, if so, might these conflict
>with the plans laid by Verra?

Yes, probably, & possibly yes.  Although a bit unlikely.  Sethra takes
her position seriously & doesn't seem to be in conflict with the gods.

>9. What role will Aliera and Pathfinder have to play in Vlad's future
>with Lady Teldra (aka Godslayer)?

Search me.  I don't carry a GW, after all.  Not even a vorpal blade (-;

>10. What will Vlad order at his next trip to Valabar's? Will he walk
>away with adequate satiety? Inquiring minds want to know.

Yes, to the second--but it won't last.  "Something good," to the first.

Snarkhunter