[Dragaera] Ten New Questions after Dzur. [Dzur Spoilers]

Diana diana.neat at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 13:02:10 PDT 2008

Certainly all of that is true--hence the "(natural) lifespan."

But personally, one of the nice things about Vlad is his human
lifespan, and his abilities to learn, change, and adapt quickly. You
can't afford 200-year funks when you only live to be 70. I simply
don't want to consider that Vlad may live to see the next Dragon
reign, because it would make him less Vlad, even for a character who's
already undergone some fairly drastic changes.

Of course, if the Jenoine can muck about with time as easily as they
do other dimensions, there's no reason why he couldn't be popped into
the future without an extended lifespan.

However, until any of that starts happening in the books, I think it's
fairly safe to say that, no matter what actions Vlad takes or does not
take in his normal lifespan/original timeline, the cycle is still
outwardly functioning long after the "present" of the series, so he
won't do anything to drastically muck it up anytime "soon."

...So, to sum up: I agree with what you said, but that doesn't negate