[Dragaera] Ten New Questions after Dzur. [Dzur Spoilers]

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 17:37:17 PDT 2008

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 1:59 PM, Michael Wojcik <mwojcik at newsguy.com> wrote:
> Ken Koester wrote:

>  > Only if he hangs around & they find him again.  He does have one
> subtle
>  > bargaining chip:  whats-her-name's soul is still in Lady Teldra.  He
>  > could offer to restore it, if they work out a way to get a body.  It's
>  > not like it hasn't been done before, after all (-;
>
> Is it? We know Great Weapons can hold souls temporarily, and perhaps
> permanently (if soul-holding is an accurate description for what
> happened to Teldra herself, for example). But Daymar says that the
> sorceress's soul was "destroyed", and he appears to have some idea of
> the mechanism involved.

Maybe someone can send Devera to get a recording of Teldra's soul?
Then they can make a new body for her, a la The Necromancer, and stuff
the soul back into it a la Aliera.

Not that I actually want to see this happen. Cheap resurrection is the
stuff of D&D.

> For example, it means Vlad needn't feel guilty about what happened to
> the sorceress. Heck, he can just go around zapping the souls of anyone
> he dislikes; he can always put 'em back later.

I don't think this necessarily follows. Would Vlad feel bad about
stabbing kindergarteners? You can always bring them back to life,
after all.

Aliera says that having your soul eaten is a traumatic experience, and
she's in a position to know.

-Max

--
"The presentation or 'gift' of the Holy Ghost simply confers upon a
man the right to receive at any time, when he is worthy of it and

Be pretty if you are,
Be witty if you can,
But be cheerful if it kills you.