[Dragaera] Ten New Questions after Dzur. [Dzur Spoilers]

Erzsébet of Catspirit Wood dalton_0907 at gaeacoop.org
Fri Mar 21 08:45:59 PDT 2008

Michael Wojcik wrote:
> Daymar's partial explanation could be read as suggesting that the
> soul's destruction was an accident - that it had something to do with
> the nature of the spell, and how Lady Teldra acted to block it. He
> refers to a "channel through the etherium" and "reverse influx" (139,
> in the paperback); so it's conceivable that Lady Teldra bounced the
> spell back and *it* actually destroyed the soul. (Note the Left Hand
> is messing with some unconventional sorcery, per Vlad's conversation
> with Sethra on 82.)

That's right, I remember thinking at the time that the soul destruction
had been more of a side-effect in this case. (I wonder, now, if the
spell the sorceress was using would have destroyed Vlad's soul, had it hit?)

> But I'm also perfectly happy with the "Lady Teldra isn't awake and is
> acting instinctively" explanation, and probably even with the "Lady
> Teldra the Great Weapon is not as subtle as Lady Teldra the Issola"
> one - though a polite Great Weapon has some real storytelling potential.

No, no, I want Lady Teldra the Great Weapon to be just as subtle as Lady
Teldra the Issola, once she wakes up. As you said, great storytelling
potential. :)

--
Erzsébet of Catspirit Wood
Support Steven Brust!