[Dragaera] Ten New Questions after Dzur. [Dzur Spoilers]

Jon Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Fri Mar 21 17:44:32 PDT 2008

From: Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net>
> On 3/21/2008 Scott Schultz wrote:
> >  and we know that Pathfinder is not your average Great Weapon (as
> >  if any of them could be considered "average").
>
> Interesting to speculate on what consists of an "average Great Weapon".

Depends on your definition of average. Mathematically speaking, that could be mean, median, or mode.

Of course, given what we know about Great Weapons (or more generally, about all Morganti weapons), mean would be the only possible choice.

Since there are seventeen Great Weapons, it's bound to be an ODD mean, as well.

However, seventeen doesn't divide evenly into anything, and since Great Weapons don't ever leave any remainder, this is where the equation becomes unbalanced. This leaves the answer highly variable.

Sigh. And I thought that analogy was a prime candidate, too.