[Dragaera] New member introduction

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Fri Apr 25 15:31:33 PDT 2008

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008, Tom Foolery wrote:

> You know, Steve (I feel weird saying that) seems to enjoy

I find "SKZB" has the right degree of distancing as well as useful
tetragrammatonal qualities.

> "The Easterners are stagnant because the Gods have kept them stagnant in
> order to protect the Empire, the Cycle, and the world from the Jenoine."

Note that standard practice is to include the attribution from the reply
along with the indenting to make continued discussions clearer.

A deeper version of the above is that the Cycle, which clearly (at least
in my view) stands behind and above the gods, is responsible.  Other ideas
include the effect of the example of magic on would-be physicists etc.

> "According to prophecy, Godslayer will kill Verra."
>
> Isn't the actual translation of Godslayer to be "remover of aspects of
> deity"?  And while it could be a deadly thing, it doesn't mean it will
> destory the god.

See http://dragaera.wikia.com/wiki/Godslayer

Also see pg 81 of _Dzur_, where Sethra explicitly describes the legend.