[Dragaera] Sethra and Paarfi

Tom Foolery tomasfoolery at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 09:58:19 PDT 2008

> Steve Wrote:
>
> The theory linked does NOT pretend Paarfi might be Sethra -- "mouthpiece"
> is not the same as "secret identity"!  Rather it speculates that Paarfi has
> far too much information not to have had extensive interviews with Sethra at
> some point.

Woops!  My fault!  However, I totally enjoyed the idea, both in
contemplating and researching!  Told ya I was slow!  Heh.

> Steve Continued:
>
> So the question goes that if Paarfi didn't have extensive interviews with
> Sethra, how did he find out so much?  And if he did, how could he have
> written other than what Sethra desired?

Oooh, good point.  But again, my comments still stand:

"Which would mean that there would be no need for any justification.  Paarfi
would be writing propaganda due to the nature of the world he lives in.  He
mocks Morrolan possibly because Morrolan deserves it from actions unknown at
this time... or possibly Mr. Brust is using a mouthpiece to tease the friend
who created Morrolan. "

Look at the state of US politics.  How many pro-whichever wing bloggers out
there are being paid by the party of their choice to spew the stuff they
spew?  How many are more correct than others?  Sometimes, a blind squirrel
will find a nut.  Just because it is available to us does not mean that
Paarfi, a person I think would be quite irritating to Sethra, would have
special access to information.  Of course, it is just as possible that he
does.

Thank goodness I didn't jump on the "Sethra IS Paarfi" bandwagon in an
attempt to curry favor!

Redfaced,

Tomas