[Dragaera] The Orca thing Was: RE: Subjective conversation here!

Martin Wohlert martin_wohlert at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 28 11:32:10 PDT 2008

 Chrisf Olson wrote:> To: philiph at slac.stanford.edu> CC: dragaera at lists.dragaera.info> Subject: Re: [Dragaera] Subjective conversation here!> > Philip Hart wrote:> > Is that true? I thought (perhaps based on _O_'s dedication) that was> > a case of SKZB discovering something was possible and using it, not > > planning it.> > > I suppose we'd have to ask the Man for the actual answer to that, but I > can't believe that to be the case. Maybe he didn't know during > "Jhereg", but evidence would suggest that by later books he knew. I > suppose pure, amazing luck, or subconscious planning could account for > it, but if that's the case I'm gonna be floored with awe and wonder, and > shoot his name off to the Pope for Sainthood (which would likely make > Steve giggle, if nothing else).> > To give one example: Loiosh asking, upon meeting Sethra for the first > time, if they'd ever met her before. Apparently there IS a being who > can get a glamor past our little jhereg. ;)> > For my money, I'd bet Steve knew a few books prior to "Orca". My letter > to the Pope is waiting for my signature, though. Just in case.> > ;)> ChrisO
I already DID ask the man, in an email after reading Orca. He had it planned from
the beginning:

>>The second [question] is, did you know, twenty years ago, that Kiera = Sethra? >Oh, heaven's yes. _Jhereg_ is full of clues about it.
I hope he don't mind me posting that quote here, but I don't think he will.

/Martin