[Dragaera] Spellbreaker, again

Tom Foolery tomasfoolery at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 11:46:52 PDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 2:34 PM, Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:

> On 4/28/2008 Jon Lincicum wrote:
> >  The exact pieces needed to reconstitute Godslayer is a debated issue.
> >
> >  Some favor the "any pieces + Spellbreaker will do" theory.
> >
> >  Others say it must be 100% the same as it was, right down to Teldra's
> >  soul specifically being integral to the makeup.
>
> That doesn't fit with it being broken up - into Spellbreaker, that
> particular knife - and Teldra?

See, this is what gets me.  Of course, it is possible to grab a soul, place
it aside, and reincarnate it.  But WHY?  If they broke up the thing, why
would they let Teldra be reincarnated as herself?  That is, of course, the
thing was destroyed to be destroyed, not stored in component parts.

Frankly, if you can get Spellbreaker into the hands of an Assassin, who must
eventually use a morganti weapon, eventually Spellbreaker is going to be
recreated.  I think it a marvelous stroke of ill luck that Lady Teldra was
the soul.  Personally, I think the morganti weapon would have featured more
prominently somewhere, somehow.

But then again, we keep running into paradox.

Tomas