[Dragaera] Vlads blood

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Tue May 13 14:49:29 PDT 2008

On Tue, 13 May 2008, Steve Rapaport wrote:

[...]
> But harking back to his past life as Dolivar, he's likely to do something at
> least as impressive as squeezing a group of misfits into the Cycle this
> time.
>
> And from a dramatic point of view (making this series more worthwhile than
> the backstory), it should be a whole lot more impressive than that.

Is the Silmarillion (huh, maybe "Piroillion" is less bad than
"Pirodessey") more worthwhile than TLotR?  Does Vlad have to hack
up the Cycle and add a House of the Easterners for his life's arc
to be impressive?  I'd be satisfied by seeing him work out his personal
issues with his House, his wife, and his goddess and maybe get the
Empire to treat his people better.  Ok, maybe he and Teldra could
do some negotiating with the J in the process, but I don't need
to see the world turned upside down.