[Dragaera] incident with Pel

Steve Rapaport steve at romlin.com
Fri Jun 13 05:31:09 PDT 2008

I would imagine, to elaborate, that the woman had insulted Pel, either on
account of his not being a Dragon, or being a Yendi, or being short.  Pel's
response would have been a subtle but enraging insult, which caused the
woman to suddenly attack him without warning, in a manner obvious to those
around them as a breach of all duelling codes, and simply attempted murder.

Pel would then simply have drawn his sword and spitted her in self-defense,
at which all the witnesses would have nodded and perhaps even congratulated
him.  He would not have had cause to worry about his lie being
contradicted.  However, relating the entire story to his Captain would have
brought dishonour to both his killed opponent, and Pel himself (for his
tactics).   So a tactful lie was the best response.

Ga'aereth would probably have deduced all this just as I have, only quicker,
and decided judiciously to let matters lie.

How's that?

--
\Steve