[Dragaera] incident with Pel

Joshua Kronengold mneme at io.com
Fri Jun 13 15:20:21 PDT 2008

Philip Hart writes:
>On Fri, 13 Jun 2008, Alexx Kay wrote:
>> And recall that, in later Musketeer books, Aramis is actively plotting the
>> overthrow and replacement-by-doppelganger of the King of France.  Said
>> plot could accurately be described as 'devious'.
>Is that _Vingt Ans Apres_ you're talking about?  If so, I thought that
>was more plain power struggle between crown and church -  also note that
>Athos was with Aramis.  I've thought of Pel's latter struggle with his
>friends in the Pirodessey as reflecting this conflict.

As said, the contretemps in _20 Years After_ (_Vingt Ans Apres_) is more
of a struggle between crown and church.

In Le Vicompte de Bragelone, however, Aramis's plotting rises to
outright treason -- the most-often excerpted section of Vicompte --
"The Man in the Iron Mask", focuses on this aspect of the larger
novel.

--
       Joshua Kronengold (mneme@(io.com, labcats.org)) |\      _,,,--,,_  ,)
--^--   "Did you know, if you increment enough, you   /,`.-'`'   -,  ;-;;'