[Dragaera] Crack? In manifestation and world boundaries

Jon Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Sun Jun 15 23:00:30 PDT 2008

Maximilian Wilson wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 11:14 AM, Jon Lincicum <lincicum at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> Without worshipers, and the idols/temples they create, could he manifest
>> there to begin with? These factors seem to be important for Verra.
>> (Destroying a statue brings her to Fenario in /Brokedown Palace/, Vlad
>> visiting her temple/altar dealy in /Dzur/ takes him to her halls, etc.)
>>

> I was about to say "Verra didn't seem to have much trouble manifesting
> on the Jenoine world," and then I reconsidered. Aliera and Morrolan
> definitely have Vlad recite the prayer to Verra that he learned as a
> child as part of the summoning process.

An excellent point.

Also: At the very beginning of /Phoenix/, it is only after uttering a
prayer to Verra that Vlad is brought to her halls.

The worship/prayer/consecration factor seems to play an important role
in allowing gods to manifest.

See also: The elaborate ceremonies that Kana goes through to contact
Tri'nagore in /Sethra Lavode/.