[Dragaera] Jhereg policy in _TPG_

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Thu Jun 19 20:57:38 PDT 2008

At the end of _The Phoenix Guards_, Khaavren and Pel brace Fayaavik,
the Jhereg working for Seodra (v. pg 473).  They tell him they know
he has a contract to kill Adron.  They threaten to kill him if Adron
comes to harm.

What would Vlad have done in such circumstances earlier in his life?
Would custom allow him to return the fee if he wanted to?  I don't
recall such a thing being discussed in the Texts.  I can't really
imagine him acceding to such a demand - I suppose he might check
if his employer wished him to continue the job.

Presumably Fayaavik does not attempt to kill Adron.  That's quite
a contract, incidentally - I wonder if he died in the Interregnum,
because otherwise he must be a formidable Jhereg in Vlad's time.