[Dragaera] SKZB brings balm to BoingBoing: That Violet Blue Thing

Johne Cook johne.cook at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 07:49:03 PDT 2008

Hey, y'all,
While you're re-reading Jhagaala or waiting for your copy to show up, I've
got something else you can read if you're adventurous.

I hesitate to unleash the Dragaeran horde on an already legendarily
distended thread, but Steve's voice of reason (and Will Shetterly's reply)
at the bottom of a nine-day old uber-fracas at BoingBoing is worth reading.
(That's not to diss Will.  The interaction between the two made my morning.)

I caution you that the thread has mostly run its course, and after a truly
astounding storm of conflicting opinion, Steve's input was a breath of fresh
air and a balm after <runs out of metaphor>...  Well, it's a balm.  I leave
the rest of the metaphor to your imagination.  ; )  It wouldn't bother me to
let Steve's comments act as the capper to the thread, but that's not my
call.  In the meantime, you really should read his comments - they're well
worth the load-time.

The good stuff starts with comment #1680.  (Yes, that's one thousand six
hundred and eighty.  It's been a long, strange trip.)

http://www.boingboing.net/2008/07/01/that-violet-blue-thi.html

--
johne cook - wisconsin, usa