[Dragaera] Jhegaala mill-town

Ken Koester kkoester at email.ers.usda.gov
Thu Jul 10 11:27:04 PDT 2008

Margaret Young wrote:

>When I was a child the river near the town/village where my grandparents lived was so polluted that the surface looked like the water in a sink after very dirty dishes had been washed. And dead fish washed up on the banks (which only added to the wonderful smell on hot summer days).  Parts of the book evoked rather vivid if unpleasant memories.

Indeed.  I was born & lived for a while & visit often a town with a
giant paper mill.  That, combined with pluff mud, creates an indelible
impression on the nostrils.

The mill has been relocated, but is still near the town.  Now it creates
fog on a major interstate in the area, as you cross a river. . . .

Snarkhunter