[Dragaera] Jhegaala mill-town

Margaret Young myoung at albion.edu
Thu Jul 10 11:15:53 PDT 2008

When I was a child the river near the town/village where my grandparents lived was so polluted that the surface looked like the water in a sink after very dirty dishes had been washed. And dead fish washed up on the banks (which only added to the wonderful smell on hot summer days).  Parts of the book evoked rather vivid if unpleasant memories.

Margaret

>>> "Gibbons, Mark" <Mark.Gibbons at nordstrom.com> 7/10/2008 12:57 PM >>>

It had to be the right time period also, the St. Louis River used to be
pretty gross. It's possible Steve was there during that period, given
his age and location, a complete guess though. The Cloquet experience
was and remains memorable for me.

Mark