[Dragaera] Jhegaala *Spoilers*

Bryan Newell bryann at bryann.net
Fri Jul 11 05:23:51 PDT 2008

I believe Eugene intended this for the entire list and not just for me, so
I've included his full text in my reply.

But first, some spoiler space (for those who haven't yet read the book):

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

10

11

12

13

14

15

16

17

It seems odd to me for Vlad not to at least mention this when explaining to
Loiosh why he thought Dahni would rescue him (especially since he spends so
much time explaining his thinking to various people in this book) but Steve
appears to agree with your assessment (see comment #26 at
http://dreamcafe.com/words/2008/07/06/jhegaala-spoilers/).

> That's all I got. Your other comments highlight most of the
> moments where I was confused, too. I thought the "agreeably
> dissapointing"
> comment was trying to convey that Vlad was agreeable to Rocza
> having some affection for him but disappointing because Vlad
> thought he had performed a very unusual familiar summoning on
> her. Now he finds out that she just likes him, and while his
> "spell" may have brought her to him initially, it's not his
> skill that was keeping her there. That's the best I can do on
> that one.

I nearly think I agree with you.  Thanks.

> Eugene

Bryan