[Dragaera] Jhegaala *Spoilers*

Bryan Newell bryann at bryann.net
Fri Jul 11 10:19:23 PDT 2008

> So much of this book is told between the lines. Like in
> /Dzur/, where it took me two or three readthroughs to pick up
> on the fact that Vlad was breaking a glass in just about
> every chapter.

I hadn't noticed that, thanks.

> >> Ever see a pig who was impatient to get on with his
> >> function in life?

> > That works, except why refer to it as a private joke?

> Hmm. Not sure if there's more to it than that. Unless it's
> another subtle nod to "Pig Eatin's".

I think that either it's Vlad's private joke (in which case he's either
referring to something that happened in Jhereg/Yendi/Teckla/Taltos/Phoenix,
in which case I missed it, or he's referring to something that happened
prior to /Jhegaala/ that he hasn't told us about yet) or it's Steve's
private joke.

If it's the latter, the best I can come up with is this post by John M.
Ford, but it's a stretch:

http://nielsenhayden.com/makinglight/archives/007944.html#141451

Bryan