[Dragaera] my view of Jhegaala :possible spoiler:

Robert senji at bellsnwhistles.com
Sun Jul 13 06:26:50 PDT 2008

I do have to admit the book was well done. Not quite in the style I have come to love with Vlad, but it definatly has its redeaming points. I think Im most happy with the ending where we find that Vlad well or on "deathbed" is still a force to be reckoned with. Overall On a scale of 1 to 10, Id rate the book about a 7.5 mainly because some of my favorite characters werent taking an active role in it. Such as Sethra, Keira, Morrolan and Krager (all my favorites beside Vlad)...Now, I will go ahead and take that up to a 9.0 simply for finally taking Vlad to the East and dropping him in a situation where he wasnt trying to cause problems but problems allways follow him or rather look at Vlad as glue...If somethings gonna go wrong or be misunderstood by someone else, its gonna stick to Vlad like crazy glue.

So my overall opinion of the book, While not as good as Issola, it is better (IMHO) than Orca. Thats my two cents worth. And yeah, I thought about waiting for paperback to come out, but I do like Stevens work enough to go ahead and pay for the hardback version. Anyone know if its possible to get all the books in the series in Hardback? They last longer than paperback and Ive gone through multiple copies of each one so far...