[Dragaera] We must fill the Crack! (Jhegaala Spoiler Alert!)

Chris Olson Chrisf.Olson at Sun.COM
Mon Jul 14 10:26:56 PDT 2008

This is a Jhegaala Spoiler Alert.

This is another one.

Here's a third.

Shall I continue for another Seventeen lines?

Or have you realized that, if you continue to read,

Yet you've not yet read Jhegaala,

Anything I write can and will spoil

Your enjoyment of the above-mentioned book.

And you really don't want to do that.

Do you?

I thought not.

This is the End of the Spoiler Alert

So, after reading Jhegaala, I've been re-reading Teckla, and I'm afraid
I've found a crack that we should really figure out how to fill.

Bottom half of page 138 of Teckla (Ace paperback edition) Vlad tells us
"I have pretty fair night vision, but there are those who see better
than I do."  However, in Jhegaala, it's made pretty clear that Vlad's
night vision is poor.

The easiest explanation I can come up with is that Vlad's pumping his
ego a bit with the comment in Teckla.  I mean, I could understand it,
given his state of mind in that story.  By the end of Phoenix and the
beginning of Jhegaala, he's already gone through some pretty major
changes to his personality, and is less likely to prevaricate something
of that nature (though he'll still lie when he feels the desire).

Any other thoughts?

ChrisO