[Dragaera] Seventeen Maybe Different Jhegaala Spoilers

Jon Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Mon Jul 14 11:43:22 PDT 2008

From: "Scott Schultz" <scott at cjhunter.com>

> > *spoilers space that won't do you any good if you get the digest...*
> > *
> > *
> > *
> > *
> > *
> > *
> > *
> > *
> > *
> > *
> > *
> > *
> > *
> > *
> > *
> > *
> > *
> > *
> > *
> > *
> > *
> The Merss
> family and, presumably, the Taltos family migrated  to the Empire shortly
> after the Restoration. There was some kind of mass migration of Easterners
> around this time, presumably due to plague, that was a primary factor in the
> establishment of South Adrilankha as a ghetto given over to all of those
> smelly uncouth Easterners.

>We don't really know what that was - Vlad gets
> vague and is clearly talking about things he assumes, not facts he "knows',
> when he talks about the Interregnum and the years following it.

Hmmm... We know what caused Cawti's mother to come to the Empire. (See /Brokedown Palace/.)

I'd imagine that the events depicted here caused a lot of changes for Fenerians, especially those who worshiped Verra.  Likely, many were ostracized, much the way the Merss family was.

Since that applies to Noish-Pa, as well as Marishka,

Keep in mind this is over 200 years AFTER the end of the Interregnum. Not much time for a Dragaeran, but about the same amount of time the United States has been around.

The timing here goes like:

219PI = /Brokedown Palace/
220PI = Taltos family migrates west
221PI = Vlad is born. Riots occur in South Adrilankha. (Related events? Who can say?)
225PI = Vlad's mother dies