[Dragaera] Seventeen Maybe Different Jhegaala Spoilers

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Mon Jul 14 12:05:56 PDT 2008

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008, Scott Schultz wrote:

> *spoilers space that won't do you any good if you get the digest...*
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *
>

> First, if the Count imagines that the Empire might be interested in his
> paper (and the commensurate costs associated with shipping it back to
> the Empire) then he must believe that he has something that even the
> Empire is hard-pressed to duplicate. That implies that the Empire IS
> backward in their paper production or at least they leave that sort of
> business to Easterners just as they leave tanning and other
> smelly/degrading occupations to Easterners. I've lived near a paper
> mill. You can trust me that Steve's descriptions in Jhegaala are no
> exaggeration.

Note that the costs of transport are trivial under the new Orb.
Also I'd expect that adding sorcery to the recipe would solve the
stink.  Which leads to the question, why does the meatpacking
district smell in Adrilahnka, but ok.   Anyway Vlad is a very
bizarre trade delegation - is it even an implausible lie?