[Dragaera] Here Be a Jhegaala Spoiler

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Mon Jul 14 12:17:22 PDT 2008

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008, Scott Schultz wrote:

>> 0
>> 1
>> 2
>> 3
>> 4
>> 5
>> 6
>> 7
>> 8
>> 9

More spoiler lines appeared, oddly...

>> Invisibilty?  Do we have any sense that's a common trick?  I would think
>> that Vlad would have made it his default to attack in that state if so.
>> Doesn't he usually stick his head out of a restaurant and look both ways?
>

> Speculation - It's easily countered by a sorceror who expects it.
> Apparently, it's also easily countered by a non-sorceror who expects it.
> Hence, it's probably not used all that much. The sorts of people who
> would be susceptible to it are the sorts you wouldn't waste the effort
> on.

Vlad says this is likely the first thing an attacked assassin will do.
Before teleporting out, even.  A sorcerer who hasn't set up any wards/
tripwires/etc, and doesn't wear a repel-blunt-or-edged-objects spell
or can't flash it on.

By the above Vlad should have been casting a reveal-invisible-people
spell all the time during periods of conflict.  And worrying about
countermeasures to the spell.