[Dragaera] Here Be a Jhegaala Spoiler

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 22:13:59 PDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 12:05 PM, Scott Schultz <scott at cjhunter.com> wrote:

>> 2
>> 3
>> 4
>> 5
>> 6
>> 7
>> 8
>> 9
>>
>> Invisibilty?  Do we have any sense that's a common trick?  I would think
>> that Vlad would have made it his default to attack in that state if so.
>> Doesn't he usually stick his head out of a restaurant and look both ways?
>
> Speculation - It's easily countered by a sorceror who expects it.
> Apparently, it's also easily countered by a non-sorceror who expects it.
> Hence, it's probably not used all that much. The sorts of people who would
> be susceptible to it are the sorts you wouldn't waste the effort on.

That doesn't make any sense. Most of the assassination tricks we've
seen played rely completely on the target not suspecting it, from
Vlad's first knife-in-the-eye to the first Morganti (with mistress's
help) to the time Cawti and Norathar popped up and killed Vlad in the
street. The only possibility that sort of comes to mind is that
invisibility is awkward in a crowded environment.

Come to think of it, invisibility would have been a handy trick for
the [cough] to play in Dzur, too.

-Max

--
"The presentation or 'gift' of the Holy Ghost simply confers upon a
man the right to receive at any time, when he is worthy of it and

Be pretty if you are,
Be witty if you can,
But be cheerful if it kills you.