[Dragaera] Seventeen Maybe Different Jhegaala Spoilers

Konrad Gaertner kgaertner at tx.rr.com
Mon Jul 14 14:41:48 PDT 2008

Philip Hart wrote:

> Jhegaala spoilers
> Jhegaala spoiler
> Jhegaala spoile
> Jhegaala spoil
> Jhegaala spoi
> Jhegaala spo
> Jhegaala sp
> Jhegaala s
> Jhegaala
> Jhegaal
> Jhegaa
> Jhega
> Jheg
> Jhe
> Jh
>
> 1. The use of "Dzur" for "dzur" early in the text - was that a typo?

Page 22, and I'm pretty sure it's a typo.

> 2. Ok, dumb question, but how again is it that the Organization finds
> out about Vlad?  The locals have no reason to reach out to them, or
> I would think ability.  I don't see how the Jhereg could have
> established any surveillance in Fenario at this point.  There's no
> way for anyone to know Vlad has a link to Burz.  (Ok, we know Kragar
> has done a bit of investigating, and perhaps that data is floating
> loose, but that's no better than "Fenario" on his mother's side
> at best, and I doubt even that much.)  It's not entirely clear to
> me jftr how the Jhereg intend to prove they morgantied Vlad, so
> why bother?

Burz seems to be [one of] the closest Fenarian towns to Lake Szurke,
so I'm not too surprised the Jhereg have sought out informants in
the area.

> 7. Vlad has been horribly tortured twice in the space of a month or two.
> Is this some structural parallelism, some Cyclic echo around the Phoenix
> part of Vlad's life?

When was the other torture?  _Teckla_?  Anyway, I got the feeling a
few months have passed since _Phoenix_, since we're already seeing
consequences from Noish-pa's style of government.

> 14. I don't follow how the black Phoenix stone protects Vlad from the
> working of witchcraft directed at his body - I thought it blocked
> communication, not - well, it's hard to even speculate.  I would
> think at least Loiosh would be vulnerable.

Black PS blocks psychics, witchcraft, and religious stuff.  See
_Orca_ for Loiosh's vulnerability.

Konrad Gaertner - - - - - - - - - - - - email: kgaertner at tx.rr.com
http://kgbooklog.livejournal.com/
"I don't mind hidden depths but I insist that there be a surface."
                          -- James Nicoll