[Dragaera] Here Be a Jhegaala Spoiler

Scott Schultz scott at cjhunter.com
Tue Jul 15 08:05:10 PDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jon Lincicum" <lincicum at comcast.net>
To: "Philip Hart" <philiph at slac.stanford.edu>
Cc: <dragaera at lists.dragaera.info>
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2008 7:44 AM
Subject: Re: [Dragaera] Here Be a Jhegaala Spoiler

> Philip Hart wrote:
>>

>> On Mon, 14 Jul 2008, Maximilian Wilson wrote:

> My take: There is no spell for invisibility. Vlad is flat-out lying to the
> count and his men, because he wants to see the Jhereg assassin covered in
> Nesiffa powder, which no doubt has some annoying quality (itch-powder, for
> example) and this is Vlad's way of making the assassin's life miserable.
> It's such a petty prank, tho, that the Count and his men wouldn't have
> bothered with it unless Vlad had given them a compelling reason.

While I wouldn't put that past him, there's also the bit earlier in the book
where Vlad complains to Loiosh that they've run out of Nesiffa powder, with
no explanation of what it is, other than possibly a Witchcraft supply of
some kind. This seems to be the justification for Vlad wanting to carry it
around.